- Excellent beginner’s core movement.
- Engages the obliques, sculpting your body into that hourglass figure.
- Improves posture through core engagement.
How to do the Bicycle:
Start Position: Begin by lying down on your back. Raise your neck and shoulders off the ground. Place your fingertips by your ears. Raise your feet off the ground, creating 90-degree angles at your hips and knees.
Movement: Extend one leg straight until it’s about 1 to 2 inches off the ground. Bring the other knee to the opposite elbow, twisting the torso.
Return: Now return the leg to the bent knee position (90 degrees). Switch sides and increase your pace as the rhythm of the movement improves.
Modification and Progression of Bicycles:
- To simplify Bicycles, place your hands under your glutes to support your low back. Do not attempt to get your heels as low the ground.
- To advance bicycles, extend your leg out and hold the position for 3 seconds before returning to starting position. Also, you can raise your hands to the sky for an added core effect!
- Think about moving your hips straight out of their socket to really extend the leg and work the abs.
- When returning to the 90-degree start position, lead with your knee.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Bicycles in no time.