Mountain Climber Benefits:
- High calorie burn is ideal for meeting weight loss goals.
- Increases lower body power and shoulder stabilization.
- Moving in the step pattern on the ground limits potential imbalances in the body, reducing the risk of injury.
How to do Mountain Climbers:
- Start Position: Place your hands directly under your shoulders, with your knees bent and touching the ground, and your toes tucked under.
- Movement: Drive your knees off the ground into plank position. Then, keeping your hips stable, drive one knee in toward the chest, toes flexed.
- Return: Extend your leg straight back to plank, placing your toes on the ground and switching to the opposite leg.
Modification and Progression of Mountain Climbers:
- To simplify mountain climbers, change the angle of your body by placing your hands on a higher, sturdy surface. Or decrease the tempo of your legs.
- To advance mountain climbers, keep a constant high tempo driving the legs in as fast as possible, or bringing your knee to the opposite elbow.
- Make sure to keep your hips low in a plank and do not allow them to rise up in the air.
- Keep your head in line with your neck.
- Avoid jump switching your feet by driving one knee to the chest and fully extending the leg back before bringing your opposite leg in.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your mountain climbers in no time.